Pet Stuff We Like
Great Training Books
Find these books at Dogwise, All Things Dog!
- The Culture Clash – Jean Donaldson
- Don’t Shoot the Dog – Karen Pryor
- Positive Puppy Training Works – Joel Walton
- Dog-Friendly Dog Training – Andrea Arden
- The Power of Positive Dog Training – Pat Miller
- Before You Get Your Puppy – Ian Dunbar
- Click for Joy – Melissa Alexander
- The Cautious Canine – Patricia McConnell
- Mine! – Jean Donaldson
- Barking: The Sound of a Language – Turid Rugaas
- Fiesty Fido – McConnell and London
- Click to Calm– Emma Parson
- Fastidious Feline – Patricia McConnell
- Behavior Adjustment Training -Grisha Stewart
- Really Reliable Recall– Leslie Nelson
- Control Unleashed– Leslie McDevitt
- Chill Out, Fido– Nan Arthur
- Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out– Laura VanArendonk Baugh
General Dog Behavior
- Reaching the Animal Mind– Karen Pryor
- Bones Would Rain From the Sky – Suzanne Clothier
- The Other End of the Leash – Patricia McConnell
- Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home – Rupert Sheldrake
- On Talking Terms with Dogs– Turid Rugaas
- The Bark magazine The “New Yorker” of dog magazines
- Whole Dog Journal A great selection of current information on health, nutrition, and training.
Good Dog Equipment Made in the USA
- Wonder Walker Harnesses Seattle-made front clip harness for control over dogs who pull on leash
- Krebs Recycle leashes Made from locally obtained recycled climbing ropes. Strong and easy on the hands- plus they look great!
- Freedom Harnesses are comfortable even for short-coated dogs.
- Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue
- PAWS – Find out about volunteer opportunities or check out dogs available for adoptions through Progressive Animal Welfare Society.
- Seattle Animal Shelter – Seattle Animal Shelter has a fabulous foster program. If you have the ability to temporarily take care of cats or dogs, please check them out. It is a very rewarding experience, and you could save the life of a sick, injured, or behaviorally challenged dog or cat.
Seattle Dog Stuff
- Seattle Off-Leash Areas
- Crown Hill Pets Good local pet store with a good selection of food and toys
- Fun Quest Dog Sports for Agility & K9 Nose Work(R) classes
Good Pet Food
- Smiley Dog Home delivery of food and toys in Seattle area